Since the original publication of The Birth Partner, partners, friends, relatives, and doulas have relied on Penny Simkin's guidance in caring for the new mother, from her last trimester through the early postpartum period.
Now fully revised in its fifth edition, The Birth Partner remains the definitive guide to helping a woman through labor and birth, and the essential manual to have at hand during the event.The Birth Partner includes thorough information on:
- Preparing for labor and knowing when it has begun
- Normal labor and how to help the woman every step of the way
- Epidurals and other medications for labor
- Pitocin and other means, including natural ones,to induce or speed up labor
- Non-drug techniques for easing labor pain
- Cesarean birth and complications that may require it
- Breastfeeding and newborn care
- and much more
For the partner who wishes to be truly helpful in the birthing room, this book is indispensable.
Disclaimer： Bookscrown.com is a online book retailer, and is working hard to ensure that book information is correct，on occasion the images, publication date and some other info of may vary due to different publishing batch. For used condition. Textbooks may not include supplemental items i.e. CDs, access codes etc. Bookscrown.com is not responsible for the content books.If you have any problem about item condition,price or edtion, please contact Bookscrown.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE FROM THIS COLLECTION